Saturday, October 29, 2011

Design 2D: Shape


The second project in my Design 2D class had to do with shape. Using photoshop, I came up with the design below....

 
  

I started the design by placing a very large bird that covered most of the top. I started playing around with the sizes of that same bird as well as with other bird shapes. I then printed this image out in the size 16 x 20 inches and traced it onto a black paper. Then, little by little, I used my x-acto knife to cut out the designs and used paper cement to glue the pieces onto white illustration board.





After many long hours of cutting every last detail, this is the final result!
  

During our critique in class, the people in my class found it hard to see the big bird at the top and they suggested that my piece looked better placed horizontally. 

I like the black and white effect and the structure given by the nine quadrants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment