Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Drawing II: Homework studies

These are the homework drawings for the first half of the semester.

1. My professor chose this one as the most successful...




2. I had fun doing this one! It is a 7 hour-long drawing. My professors always say that you can tell how much a person has really payed attention to what they're drawing by looking at the spine.


3. The perspective on this one was VERY challenging! The skeleton is leaning forward and I was looking through its ribcage.




4. I had the most fun with this next one. However, it wasn't chosen as one of my best. I assume it is because it looks too graphic, and it moves away from the basic contour and precise measuring that my professors were looking for. For the first time though, I used white chalk and a white pen with a thin tip.





Just to show improvement, below is my first skull and ribcage drawing of the semester. 
  • Notice how narrow and small the ribcage is in comparison to the skull. 
  • The line quality is very uniform and boring. 
  • The drawing does not "breathe." 
  • It is very two-dimensional)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment